Blood was running down his face - Halloween style. As I mopped it up to see the source - ouch - this kid's teeth punctured the inside of his mouth and he split his chin on the outside. Ah!!! I grabbed some water, baby bag, and purse and was off to the minor emergency center. His first visit to the ER (and probably not the last...)
Joshua settled down on the way to the doctor (1st picture with a smile and a split chin) - but immediately sensed trouble when two nurses and a doctor showed up to check out the wound. Sure enough - it called for 2 stitches. 2 spiky, black stitches. The screaming, crying, red-faced Joshua was not in the least happy about the situation - until it was over.
Thank goodness for the blankie and mommy's hugs! Two magical healing tools for those two little stitches. He was so exhausted from the ordeal that he konked asleep on the way home (which he never does by the way).
The after effects: anti-biotic and 5 days of no swimming - just before a family vacation!
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy -- yep, Joshua is one tough, little boy!!
3 comments:
Poor little guy! That first picture made me laugh!! :) Every time I see a picture of him I just want to lift him out of the picture and give him a hug! I guess you'll have to do that for me for now! Love ya!
poor baby! That has to be the scariest thing as a mom! You handled it like a pro ... I don't know how well I'd have done with the blood ;-/ we miss you guys but hopefully we'll see you next month with the wedding festivities ;) love ya!
Poor sweet little baby boy! Yes, you can forsure plan on more trips to the ER! How as your family vacation? Hopefully the stitches, did not slow you down too much! Hee hee!
Post a Comment